Alu-Cab - 270 Degree Shadow Awning
SKU :210000005001 ()
- Shipping or Pick Up in Store Available
- Available Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM PST
- Need Installation? Contact Us
Whether you’re exploring the Outback, trekking through Nevada’s Death Valley, or charging red sand dunes in the Kalahari, no camping accessory’s job is more vital than the ability to cast shade.
For seasoned campers, an awning is very often the first accessory they bolt to their vehicle, knowing that the ability to cast as much shade as possible (in the quickest time) is crucial to overland travel. What you don’t want is to be battling with poles, pegs and guy ropes in blistering midday heat, or when rain is thundering down.
This is why our globally popular 270º Shadow Awning is designed to open, and setup, all in one. There are no additional steps or poles to pitch; you just unzip the bag and swing the awning through a full 270º. It’s so easy, one person can manage it.
This wrap-around effect means that you get to enjoy 10 square metres of shelter around the full working area of your vehicle, especially where it’s needed – at the rear, where your drawer system, fridge, and supplies are stored.
The awning features four heavy-duty aluminium arms that span the 270º spread, making the Shadow Awning resistant to inclement weather. If conditions happen to get worse, the awning’s centre arm features a tucked away drop-down pole that can be used to brace the awning for extra support. What’s more, each of the four arms boasts a tie-down strap for really gusty conditions, and you can also equip the awning with our optional Storm Kit.
Because we’ve made these extra supports a step-by-step option, you’re saved the time of pitching poles and securing ropes when wind or rain isn’t a problem – perfect for a quick trailside lunch break! Lastly, because the 270º Shadow Awning is made from reflective ripstop material, the awning casts a noticeably lower-shade temperature.
Without a doubt, the Alu-Cab 270º Shadow Awning is one of our proudest products that’s all out #DesertProof and Africa-proven.
- Length: (when closed): 2.6m
- Weight: 24kg
- Shade Area: 10 m2
- Construction: Aluminium
- Fitment Brackets: Various options available, attaching to strong roof rack, tents, campers or load bars
- Orientation: LHS and RHS
- The material is acrylic impregnated, with a heat reflection silver coating on one side.
- It has an additional water repellent coating on the surface side, which allows water to bead off of the surface of the material.
- Its 315gsm and has a water head of 600mm and is made from a 100% polyester base cloth that is impregnated with an acrylic based resin.
- It also has a built in Fungal resistance chemical to prevent mould.